It’s about time for me to share my year-end review of 2017’s anime quality. I believe it has been a pretty amazing year for anime with too many great shows come into limelight and discovered by anime fans. Right now, I will only share my Top 10 anime of 2017 and further details about this will be posted on my official anime blog which is Yu Alexius. For now, enjoy my list and hoping to inspire other people out there to like this set of anime series.
The fall 2017 anime lineup officially begin and it is a pretty strong season capable of competing with the overpowered lineup of spring 2017. Personally, I’d still pick the spring anime lineup due to the fact that my all-time favorite anime Natsume Yuujinchou aired its 6th season that time and I couldn’t be more happy now that Natsume’s Book of Friends movie is slated for 2018 release. Going back to fall, there are tons of pretty decent titles this season including the most hyped Food Wars season 3, and big names such as Blood Battlefront Blozckade season 2. Nonetheless, my personal taste is quite different from the majority as I don’t usually fall for mainstream or most hyped series unless I’d been really caught by it.
Now, I would like to share my favorite anime show from fall 2017 line up based on the pilot episode that I had seen so far. The anime listed in this post are also the shows I’ll be following this season and maybe I’ll be able to share some reviews or random post about it either here or on our main site, Yu Alexius.
The list are as follows:
- The Ancient Magus’ Bride
- This anime is magically crafted and executed. From the visuals, animation, and the character designs, they are all amazing and brilliantly beautiful. This anime is just so good that I couldn’t help but smile randomly while watching it. Plus the fact, that Chise reminds me of Shirayuki (from Snow White with the Red) who happened to a particular anime character that I liked the most.
- Kino’s Journey – the Beautiful World-
- This is the genre that perfectly suits mine. A little bit relaxing and mysterious with a tendency to be dark and deep. Nonetheless, this is a very soothing anime and somehow reminds me of Mushishi. On the other hand, this anime is filled with oxymoron, and those enigmatic vibes is actually very direct and simple which will leaves you breathless in one point.
- Children of the Whales
- Guess like I’ve found a gem after watching this. This anime could be the Made in Abyss 2.0 this year. I’m not saying they’re the same but the world setting literally on the same godlike level as of Made in Abyss and From the New World. It may take some time for us to divulge into the story and the overall set up of this anime, it offers a very refreshing sight when it comes to visuals and animation. The story is also new (at least to me), which I think that it is very interesting.
- Just Because!
- Yeah, this is another school-drama anime which I think is very common nowadays. The redundancy in this genre had me almost ignore this show. However, there is something special on it or I believe so. I have many favorite school anime too but sometimes cliche isn’t a good thing to do especially today. But I give this one a go and somehow, it passed my standard and it really looks promising. Looking forward for more from this one onwards.
- Black Clover
- Kindly ignore the shouting, Asta is really an annoying brat in the pilot episode. This seriously reminds us all of Naruto, but hell no, this is no Naruto. Maybe, a lil bit of its essence plus some factor of Fairy Tail, this anime is truly promising, and its world set up simply makes you want to know more and get entangled in it. Nonetheless, we have 2 main characters here that resembles Naruto and Sasuke but I believe this is just in the surface.
- Blood Battlefront Blockade & Beyond
- Libra is back and they’re all totally cracked up this time. This anime never fail to bring smile in our faces and make us LOL randomly. Poor Leonardo, he always gets in trouble in the most astonishing way, nonetheless the action and fun is always at its highest stake in this anime. And we could always expect for more hilarious and definitely action-packed future episodes.
- Land of the Lustrous
- A very promising start, the animation is nicely done for a CG, and the visuals is really stunning especially the characters’ hair. There are minimal flaws that could be easily ignore and simply enjoy the anime. The story itself is quite interesting, although I believe that we have to invest some time in order to get divulge in it.
- Zodiac Wars
- Another battle royale on which we all had been quite tired especially if the animation wasn’t executed well. However, this one looks cool with awesome fight sequence and average yet good looking designs. The story is average and there are lots of talking, or maybe it was intentionally done in the first episode to give the spotlight to the first character to die in the story.
- Food Wars! The Third Plate
- Not a big fan of cooking anime but due to this anime’s popularity I have decided to give it ago. I wouldn’t say it’s bad but it doesn’t have enough charisma to make me like it immediately. Although I’ll keep an eye in future episodes as the premise looks really good.
- Dies Irae
- The animation is nicely done, the story isn’t that unique or new but tolerable. The character designs are quite amazing.
I really find it funny how I spent several hours simply listening or randomly watching anime AMVs on YouTube. Sometimes, it feels like I am wasting too much time while a part of me simply enjoys watching it and losing myself on the trance. And to share this insane side of me, I’ll gonna put in this post some of those amazing anime AMVs that I enjoyed watching and hope that another otaku will lose themselves on it.
I’d recently finished this post of Top 15 anime to watch this spring 2017 and it also gives me some time to evaluate each anime that are schedule to premiere this spring. First of all, I am seriously looking forward for the return of some big names and that includes Attack on Titan, Natsume Yuujinchou, Sword Oratoria (DanMachi’s spinoff), and Boku no Hero Academia. However, there are also some interesting new anime that I am surely will captivate our imagination and our hearts.
So, here’s my list of anime that I had added on my watch list this season.
- Natsume Yuujinchou Roku
- Sagrada Reset
- Sword Oratoria
- Fukumenkei Noise
- Sakura Quest
- Boku no Hero Academia
- Attack on Titan
- Eromanga sensei
- Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records
- Alice to Zouroku
Finally, the Winter 2017 anime lineup is here and I actually made a full list of Top Winter 2017 anime to watch on my main blog “Yu Alexius“. However, I’ll post here the Top 5 anime from this season that I’ll surely keep an eye and will definitely watch til the end. I still have this hangover of the Fall anime lineup especially the heartwarming story of Natsume Yuujincho Go which also happens to be my all-time favorite anime series. And I am seriously looking forward for its 6th season this 2017. Nonetheless, I believed that winter 2017 is full of amazing and definitely excellent anime shows.
My Top Winter 2017 anime list are as follows:
Related Post: Top Anime to Watch this Winter 2017
A romantic comedy story with time-travel drama is seriously an amazing twist for an anime film. That’s the flakes of entertainment that Kimi no Na wa. has to offer to everyone. It’s the latest film from the master animator himself, Makoto Shinkai. The name that gave us the melancholic The Place Promised in Our Early Days, the heart wrenching 5 Centimeters Per Second, the mesmerizing Children Who Chase Lost Voices, and the magnificent Garden of Words. Now, his new film titled Kimi no Na wa. (Your Name.) literally surpassed all of his amazing anime films and it actually keeps on breaking box office records in Japanese movie history since its release on late August of this year.
Your Name. is a love story that transcend the distance between time and changed destiny itself. It features the story of love, friendship, determination with astounding music on the background and visually stunning animation. In my own opinion, Garden of Words visuals are magical and of higher quality than Your Name. but the latter was seriously amazingly done.
When it comes to storytelling, Your Name. have its own magic which you can easily distinguished from the rest of Makoto Shinkai films. Though, we can’t hide the fact that there are so many scenes in the film that reminded us of 5 Centimeters per Second, especially those trains. Continue reading
I had seen the prologue 2 years ago and been excited for this after i saw it on summer 2016 anime lineup. I suddenly dropped it among my watch-list after seeing the pilot episode coz I was quite disappointed. I ended up watching it today since I’d been curious why it’s gaining too much praise among my anime circles as one of the best anime of the season. Now, i srsly regret dropping it, ’tis really one of the best this year with astounding animation, breathtaking graphics and srsly mesmerizing fight scenes. Now, I can seriously recommend this to my fellow anime freaks!